If you are looking to sell your car rather than trade it in, you definitely want to get the most money that you can. Here are some tips to help you put more cash in your pocket when dealing with a private buyer rather than a dealership.
Spruce it Up
A car that looks good will sell for more, but that doesn’t just include the paint job and the upholstery.
- Make sure that everything works almost like new, such as the doors and windows as well as the stereo system. Little things can make a big difference to buyers.
- Check the seals all around the doors and windows to make sure they work properly. If not, replacing them is fairly easy.
- Buy new floor mats or have the carpet cleaned. Take your car to a professional detailer that can make worn areas look almost like new.
Get Rid of Damage
If you have dents in the body or chips in the windshield, get them repaired. This can mean the difference between a few hundred and a few thousand dollars on the selling price of your vehicle. If you don’t want to spend a lot of money, shop around for someone who offers quality service at a low price.
Fix Mechanical Issues
If you know your brakes are going to need replaced, do it before the sale. A lot of times a buyer will like the fact that a used car has new parts on it because he or she won’t have to replace them anytime soon. Make sure the car runs smoothly with no strange sounds.
Know Your Car’s Worth
Find out what your car is really worth before listing the price. Even if it is worth a lot to you, it may not be worth it to everyone else. You can also check car insurance quotes to see how yours stacks up against similar cars. This can be a selling point for some buyers, especially first-time buyers or those looking at a used car for a teenager.
List any safety features that could lower car insurance quotes, such as anti-lock brakes or a rear view camera. While these may not be features the buyer looks for, they might appreciate them when you point them out.
In the end, you have to decide if selling your car is a better option than trading it in. It can take more work, but bring a better price.
Finally, when looking for a new vehicle for yourself be smart and compare inssurance quotes for different cars on this site to maximaze your savings.
Every year, car manufacturers come out with new models on all of the top makes. They are not all big hits. In fact, only a few usually stand out as the winners for the year. Here are three that have won big appeal by the critics for the upcoming year:
- 2014 Ford Transit Connect Wagon: Minivans have mostly fallen out of favor with the majority of buyers as crossover vehicles have taken over the market. However, the new Transit Connect Wagon by Ford may just bring the minivan back in style. This is a redesign of a van that has been popular for commercial use, but this time the focus is more on family traveling. It provides plenty of room for either five or seven people with lots of cargo space. However, the Ford Transit doesn’t forget the importance of fuel economy; it has an impressive figure of 30 plus miles per gallon on the highway.
And of course this review also pays attention to how easy these models are to ensure.
- 2014 Kia Cadenza: This just might be the sportiest car Kia has released in some time. It’s also a larger car than what you usually see and comes at a higher price tag. The Cadenza also carries some premium features such as a leather upgrade. Comfort is as big of a priority on this new car from Kia as style, so it provides good handling and plenty of room. Another feature that drivers will enjoy is the smart cruise control that stops to avoid collision with the car in front and starts up again if the stop was only momentary. This is a good safety feature that will help you find cheap auto insurance despite its near-luxury status.
- 2014 Chevrolet Impala: One of the classics that are still available, the Impala has not been as popular in recent years. However, this model is a redesign aimed at capturing a new generation of Impala lovers. If you are looking for a mid-size sedan that has plenty of room and plenty of style, the new Impala might just be perfect. It’s still got that classic look with a longer hood and short trunk. It’s also loaded with modern features that today’s drivers will appreciate. It even has a way of locking your touchscreen to keep information safe, a feature that makes it less attractive to thieves and in turn makes it easier for you to get cheap auto insurance even on a brand-new car.
It is obvious why young adults need life insurance. Often times they are the sole provider for their families, and their loss would completely devastate their family. But what of the elderly whose families have long since moved on? What possible need for life insurance would they have? When you consider the costs of life insurance is it really worth it? Yes, but maybe not for the reasons one might expect. The obvious reason is to leave a little nest egg for their loved ones when they are gone. A big enough life insurance policy can provide a nice inheritance for loved ones after they are gone. The more hidden costs of death can end up nickel and diming those left behind. Coffins, funeral home costs, burial plots or cremation fees, and there are many costs that come up after death that most people have not even thought of let alone planned for. A solid life insurance policy can protect those you love from being burdened by your passing. Not to mention paying off any outstanding debts you may owe. All of these reasons provide a resounding yes life insurance is important for the elderly.
Tips for finding better life insurance quotes
It is a sad fact that as you get older the rates for life insurance rise. This is due to the fact that elderly people are a higher risk to the company that is insuring them. This can be mitigated though a little elbow grease. Even though many companies will raise rates on the elderly, not all of them do. Using the internet to quickly sort though many companies can help lower the costs per month, and can get you a higher payout than you may have gotten by simply taking the first one to come along. There are some things that you should keep in mind beyond costs when sorting through various companies.
1) Is the policy guaranteed to be renewed? If the policy cannot be renewed then it means you will have to do this whole process over again when the policy lapses, and by then you may not be in the same condition to get a better deal.
2) Renewal requirements: You should be on the lookout for policies that require you to get a medical checkup in order to be renewed, much for the above reason.
3) Fixed premiums: If you can try and find a life insurance policy whose premiums don’t increase. Some companies will adjust the amount you have to pay them per month to keep up with you age.keep looking »